Keeping Your Dog Safe : Common Household Hazards
There are food and common household items that can be dangerous to your new dog. They should be stored safely beyond their reach. This is not a complete list, but a basic list of more common hazardous household items.
Food Hazards : Not all food consumed by humans are safe for pets. Here is a list of foods that can be hazardous:
• Alcoholic beverages
• Chocolate, especially dark and bakers chocolate
• Fatty foods
• Cooked chicken and turkey bones
• Grapes and raisins
• Macadamia nuts
• Salt and sugar
• Yeast dough
Everyday Items : Be conscious of the everyday items that are poisonous to your dog and keep them secured:
• All medications
• Rodent poison
• Car care products
• Household cleaners
• Cigarettes and products that contain nicotine
• Chemicals for pools and ponds
• Certain Plants such as Easter Lilies, Philodendrons & Poinsettias
If your pet ingests a dangerous substance, don’t hesitate. Call the ASPCA’s poison hotline at 1-888-426-4435 (some fees may apply).
For more useful information, please download our free Dog manual.